Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Quick & Easy Recipe for Tonight's Dinner!

I've been thinking a lot about Label Reading Shoppers versus Grab & Go Buyers. Thanks to one of my good friends, I realized as the words came out of her mouth that: "People think being HEALTHY is a lot of work! Who wants to spend hours preparing a meal when theres so much to do? Quick and easy is what we need."


What if I told you healthy meals could be quick & easy??? What if I told you that most of the 'healthy' meals I make will take you just as long to make as it would to run to a reastaurant or fast-food chain???

Have I caught your attention?!?!?

I've decided to share some of my quick, easy and tasty recipes with you. Every so often I'll add a recipe to one of my future posts for you to try out.

Today, will be the first of many...


Last night, I got home late after a long day of work, work and more work... As most of you can relate: It's just that TIME OF THE YEAR!


With so much on my mind and with thoughts of a warm shower and my warm bed tempting me to grab the fastest thing possible  for dinner, I decided on a quick and tasty homemade dinner instead! I'm glad I did because the result was yum!


I made a lemon & dill salmon steak and sauteed mushrooms with a side of mixed greens and goat cheese salad... Hungry?!?!


Lemon & Dill Salmon

- Slice one lemon and cut off the peel
- Place the peel free lemons on the bottom of you oven pan
- Place your washed and skinned salmon steak on top of the lemon slices
- Chop dill and place it on top of the salmon
- Slice an onion and place the slices on top of the dill
- Put the pan in the oven at 450C for about 20-30 minutes

Sauteed Mushrooms

- In a cooking pot drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Put on medium heat
- Slice mushrooms; I used buttom, shittaki & oyster mushrooms
- Throw them in the pot and sautee

Mixed Greens & Goat Cheese Salad

- Mixed greens: I grabbed the prewashed boxed mixed greens from the grocery store
- Throw the mixed greens in a salad bowl
- Add dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds
- Add low-sodium goat cheese
- Add bean sprouts and cherry tomatoes
- Drizzle olive oil and apple cider vinegar


If you try this one out & I recommend you do... Let me know what you think!

Stay Healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment