Sunday, January 17, 2010

Welcome to Detox day one!

I’m sure a lot of you woke up this morning thinking ‘WHAT have I gotten myself into!??!?! WHAT am I going to eat?!?!?’


Breath, relax and don’t worry. I am going to try to make this as smooth as possible by sharing a few of my daily menus with you throughout the next 10 days.


When detoxing, it is very important to plan your meals ahead of time. Try to plan your meals the night before; you’ll wake up stress free and ready for the day ahead.


Here’s what my menu looks like today:


Good Morning World…
Glass of water with ½ a lemon squeezed into it


Breakfast…
A boiled egg
A rice cake
A banana
Tea with almond milk


Snack Time…
An apple
Half a handful of almonds


Lunch…
Salad - mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, corn, cooked brussels sprouts, pumpkins seeds, fresh dill and tuna with lemon and olive oil
A small bowl of papaya


Snack…
Carrots and cucumbers with chickpea dip (Hummus)


Dinner…
Salad - Lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers, a dash of Greek seasoning with lemon and olive oil
Turkey breast
Rice
Sautéed brussels sprouts, onions and broccoli


Snack…
Half a handful of walnuts
A small bowl of cantaloupe

                                                    Timeinc

Side Note:
Don’t forget to drink your water throughout the day; at least eight glasses/day (1 glass = 8 oz)


If you’re including supplements in your detox, don’t forget to take them as suggested on the kit


I enjoy herbal teas and tend to drink them throughout my day I find it helps with cravings and decreases snacking tendencies. Try them out and find the ones that appeal to you!


Stay Healthy!

2 comments:

  1. I spent almost 2 HOURS! today at the supermarket reading labels/tags. I think I've got everything all set to go. I've come up with the rule that once it doesn't say "gluten free" then it probably has gluten. Tough to find vegetable broth/chicken broth without gluten. Any supermarket/store suggestions where I can buy this stuff?
    Thanks for the menu tips! MUCH APPRECIATED

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're all set!
    Most health food stores have a gluten-free section full of great food that can help during the next 10 days...
    Good Luck

    ReplyDelete