Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Summer-ish kinda salad

I had a few friends over this weekend for a lite lunch.

I found a Pear & Pomegranate Salad in Chatelaine that I thought I'd give a try - I'm glad I did...

It accomplished everything I wanted it to: It was lite, tasty, fresh and very 'summer-ish!'


Ingredients:

6 Bartlett pears
3 tbsp lemon juice
6 cups mixed greens
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds

Warm Vinaigrette:

1/4 - 1/2 cup olive oil 
4  tbsp pomegranate juice
4 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp grainy mustard
4 tsp liquid honey 
salt & pepper

  • Core pears and thinly slice; toss with lemon juice. Make ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to four hours.
  • Meanwhile, in a saucepan, whisk together oil, pomegranate juice, lemon juice, mustard, honey, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, whisking, until thickness of syrup; about two minutes. 
  • In a serving plate arrange the pears and the mixed greens. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the pears and salad. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.    
Stay Healthy!


No comments:

Post a Comment