Saturday, November 21, 2009

A little introduction...


I want to take this opportunity to tell you a little bit about myself and introduce you to my blog. Diary of a Nutritionista is my way of letting you into a part of my world. The world of health, nutrition, wellness and, my favorite, food.


What qualifications do I have? Well, I'm a Registered Holistic Nutritionist (RHN) who's currently studying PR. I worked in the wonderful world of health and wellness for many years before deciding to get into PR. My love for nutrition is the reason why I have decided to start this blog.


After meeting me and my RHN credential, most people are confused and, some, frightened by the term holistic. Let me start by saying:


RELAX & BREATHE!
I am NOT a Voodoo Dr., not a witch, I do NOT think drinking blood helps revitalize the body and nor do I believe eating grass should be a mandatory daily detox ritual!!!


Now that we've got that out of the way let me explain what holistic is...

HOLISTIC is looking at the whole system rather than focusing on individual parts. This means looking at the body as a whole: the physical, along with the emotional, mental and spiritual.


BODY + MIND + SPIRIT


I am excited to get started and I hope you like what you read. I welcome all questions, suggestions and ideas so by all means throw them my way...

Stay Healthy!




3 comments:

  1. Nice work! looking forward to more entries from the resident nutritionista

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it girl! Can't wait to hear all of your insider tips! I'm already going to start eating beets. lol I think keeping the mind + body + spirit healthy is very interesting. Everyone's gonna love this! :)

    ReplyDelete